First-Class Orthopaedic Surgical Care in Central Georgia
OrthoGeorgia believes in delivering the highest level of quality care to our patients. Our surgical facilities are no exception. OrthoGeorgia was the first Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) in Georgia to utilize the Mako SmartRoboticsTM. Located on-site at our Northside Drive location in Macon, Georgia our two ASCs are designed specifically to provide our patients with first class care and they are equipped with the very latest technological advances in surgical equipment. Our patients can be confident that a network of specialized healthcare professionals are always available before, during, and after surgery to help them with their every need. Employees are carefully hand picked for their expertise, professionalism, and personable approach to our patients and their families to ensure an exceptional experience. We are proud to have served patients from 127 Georgia counties this past year.
OrthoGeorgia ASC’s are Licensed by the State of Georgia, Certified by Medicare, and Accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care. (AAAHC)
OrthoGeorgia is now offering a 23-hour stay for total joint (hip and knee) patients.
We welcome the opportunity to serve you.
Our commitment is to provide you with a warm, caring, and safe environment.
OrthoGeorgia Surgery Center provides the latest in Robotic technology using Stryker’s Mako Robot.
The Stryker/Mako Robotic System is changing the way joint replacement surgeries are performed by providing each patient with a personalized surgical experience based on their specific diagnosis and anatomy.
Mako Total Knee, Partial Knee & Hip are the future of orthopaedics.
- Mako Smart Robotics transforms the way total knee, partial knee and total hip replacements are performed.
- Using a virtual 3D model, the Mako System allows surgeons to create each patient’s surgical plan pre-operatively before entering the operating room.
- During surgery, the surgeon can validate that plan and make any necessary adjustments while guiding the robotic-arm to execute that plan.
- It’s exciting to be able to offer this transformative technology across the joint replacement service line to perform total knee, partial knee and total hip replacements.
Partial Knee Replacement
Total Knee Replacement
Total Hip Replacement
Common Surgeries Performed
Nurse Navigators for Total Joint Replacements
Our Nurse Navigator is a Registered Nurse who is assigned to our same-day joint replacement patients. She assists patients from pre-operative evaluation to post-surgery follow-up. If you and your doctor determine you are a candidate for outpatient total joint replacement in one of our surgery centers, our Nurse Navigator will call you to schedule an appointment to discuss everything you can expect with your upcoming surgery. In addition, following your surgery the nurse navigator will remain a resource for you to provide guidance and to help ensure you are recovering successfully at home.
No matter how chronic your pain, OrthoGeorgia’s patient-centered approach puts you on the fast-track to recovery. We treat all types of pain. Proper interventional pain management can delay and may prevent surgery.
At OrthoGeorgia, we have a procedure room in our surgery center dedicated to pain management. We use state of the art minimally invasive technology to help our patients get back to doing what they love.
We provide a complete range of non-surgical pain relief options. Your Spine surgeon works with you to develop a personalized plan of care suited to your unique needs. Common treatments include:
- Epidural steroid injection
- Medial branch block
- Radiofrequency ablation
- SI joint injection
- Hip injection
- Stellate ganglion block
- Lumbar sympathetic block
- Spinal cord stimulator trials
Outpatient Orthopedic Care
OrthoGeorgia offers two facilities for outpatient procedures requiring stays of 23 hours or less. Both ambulatory surgery centers focus on bone, joint, spine, and muscle care and complex surgical procedures including total joint (hip and knee) replacements and spinal operations. Our team of experienced physicians and professional staff is committed to excellence – patients experience superior service, safety, and satisfaction because our physicians are fully involved in every aspect of care. Our goal is to provide first-class surgical services in a safe, welcoming environment, one in which we would be happy to treat our own families, expediting your safe return to a healthy, active, and productive lifestyle.
Building A Surgery Center
3708 Northside Drive Macon, Building A, Georgia 31210
8am to 5pm Mon – Fri
Surgery Center Number
After Hours Number
Spine and Orthopaedic Surgery Center
3708 Northside Drive Macon, Building B, Georgia 31210
8am to 5pm Mon – Fri
Surgery Center Number
After Hours Number
OrthoGeorgia Surgical Experience – What to Expect
We know that having surgery can be an anxious experience for you and your family. The following has been designed to provide our patients’ information about our surgery centers and what to expect during your surgical experience. Our mission is to provide a medical facility that is committed to providing exceptional care for our patients and their families.
Before Your Surgery
- You will have a pre-operative visit with one of our office nurses.
- You will be asked about your and your family’s health history.
- You will need to provide the names and dosages of your current medications.
- Please advise the staff of any medication allergies, latex allergies, or sensitivities.
- Additional tests may be ordered based on your medical history.
- You will sign the consent for your surgical procedure.
- You will receive a privacy notice.
- Any financial issues will be addressed professionally and discreetly.
- Medication instructions will be given for the day of surgery.
- If you need a sling, immobilizer, crutches, walkers or any other durable medical equipment, you will be fitted at this time.
The Day Before Your Surgery
- You will be contacted by our staff with final instructions and arrival time for your surgery.
- Arrange for an adult to stay with you and drive you home following your surgery.
- Please restrict the number of family members to two.
- You must follow the eating and drinking limitations given to you by the staff (this includes candy, gum and mints). If you do not follow these instructions, your surgery may be delayed or cancelled.
- Follow the medication instructions given to you at your pre-op visit.
- Remove all jewelry including piercings.
The Day of Surgery
- Plan to arrive at your assigned time for necessary pre-surgical procedures.
- One of our staff will check you in when you arrive.
- Leave your jewelry and valuables at home.
- Do not smoke. It can interfere with anesthesia and make you nauseated post-operatively.
- Wear comfortable and loose fitting clothes that are easy to take off and put on.
- Our staff will prepare you for your surgery by asking questions, taking vital signs, and starting an IV if necessary.
- Anesthesia will visit you at this time. They will discuss with you the anesthesia planned for your procedure.
- Please notify the staff if you think you could be pregnant.
- After your surgery you will be taken to the recovery room.
- In recovery, you will be monitored until you are stable. You will usually spend 30 mins in the recovery room.
- The surgeon will speak to your family after the surgery.
- When you are awake a member of your family may join you in the recovery room.
- Post operative instructions will be given to you and your family at this time. Because the medicine used may cause amnesia, a written copy of instructions will be provided.
When You Go Home
- Take it easy, rest and elevate your surgical limb.
- Follow your post operative instructions.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours.
- Do not sign any important papers or operate any heavy equipment for 24 hours.
- Do not drive a car for 24 hours or while taking pain medications.
- One of our nurses will call you the next day to see how you are doing.
- You can call our offices with any non-emergency questions at (478) 745-4206. Our office hours are from 8:00 to 5:30. After hours, the on-call doctor will be contacted.
- In case of emergency, go to the nearest emergency room or call 911.
- Please complete the patient satisfaction survey. Your feedback will allow us to continuously improve.
OrthoGeorgia Surgery Centers are accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). This demonstrates our commitment to providing the highest quality of care available with outstanding patient satisfaction, superior clinical outcomes, and reduced costs.