OrthoGeorgia believes in delivering the highest level of quality care to our patients. Our surgical facility is no exception. Located on-site at our Northside Drive location in Macon, Georgia our Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) is designed specifically to provide our patients with first class care and is equipped with the very latest technological advances in surgical equipment. Our patients can be confident that a network of specialized healthcare professionals are always available before, during, and after surgery to help them with their every need. OrthoGeorgia ASC personnel are carefully hand-picked for their expertise, professionalism, and personable approach to our patients and their families to ensure an exceptional experience. We are proud to have served patients from 127 Georgia counties this past year.
OrthoGeorgia ASC is Licensed by the State of Georgia, Certified by Medicare, and Accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care. (AAAHC)
What to Expect
The following has been designed to provide our patients information about our surgery center and what to expect during your surgical experience. Our mission is to provide a medical facility that is committed to providing exceptional care for our patients and their families.
Important Facts About Our Surgery Center:
- Northside Drive address is 3708 Northside Drive Macon, Georgia 31210.
- Northside Drive Surgery Center Phone Number is (478) 750 -2800.
- OrthoGeorgia ASC is open Monday - Friday.
- OrthoGeorgia ASC is licensed by the State of Georgia.
- We are accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care.
- We are Medicare Certified Ambulatory Surgery Centers.
- We specialized in Orthopaedic, Hand, Hand Microvascular, and Spine Surgery. Our center perform approximately 3,500 cases annually.
- We have a staff of highly qualified healthcare professionals to provide care throughout your surgical experience.
- We know that having surgery can be an anxious experience for you and your family. Our commitment is to provide you with a warm, caring and safe environment. Here is what to expect during your OrthoGeorgia surgical experience.
Before Your Surgery:
- You will have a pre-operative visit with one of our office nurses.
- You will be asked about your and your family's health history.
- You will need to provide the names and dosages of your current medications.
- Please advise the staff of any medication allergies, latex allergies, or sensitivities.
- Additional tests may be ordered based on your medical history.
- You will sign the consent for your surgical procedure.
- You will receive a privacy notice.
- Any financial issues will be addressed professionally and discreetly.
- Medication instructions will be given for the day of surgery.
- If you need a sling, immobilizer, crutches, walkers or any other durable medical equipment, you will be fitted at this time.
The Day Before Your Surgery:
- You will be contacted by our staff with final instructions and arrival time for your surgery.
- Arrange for an adult to stay with you and drive you home following your surgery
- Please restrict the number of family members to 2.
- You must follow the eating and drinking limitations given to you by the staff (this includes candy, gum and mints). If you do not follow these instructions, your surgery may be delayed or cancelled.
- Follow the medication instructions given to you at your pre-op visit.
The Day of Surgery:
- Plan to arrive at your assigned time. Your prompt arrival will allow adequate time for the necessary pre-surgical procedures.
- One of our staff will check you in when you arrive.
- Leave your jewelry and valuables at home.
- Do not smoke. It can interfere with anesthesia and make you nauseated post-operatively.
- Wear comfortable and loose fitting clothes that are easy to take off and put on.
- Our staff will prepare you for your surgery by asking questions, taking vital signs, and starting an IV if necessary.
- Anesthesia will visit you at this time. They will discuss with you the anesthesia planned for your procedure.
- Please notify the staff if you think you could be pregnant.
- After your surgery you will be taken to the recovery room.
- In recovery, you will be monitored until you are stable. You will usually spend 30 minutes in the recovery room.
- The surgeon will speak to your family after the surgery.
- When you are awake a member of your family may join you in the recovery room.
- Post operative instructions will be given to you and your family at this time. Because the medicine used may cause amnesia, a written copy of instructions will be provided.
When You Go Home:
- Take it easy, rest and elevate your surgical limb.
- Follow your post operative instructions.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours.
- Do not sign any important papers or operate any heavy equipment for 24 hours.
- Do not drive a car for 24 hours or while taking pain medications.
- One of our nurses will call you the next day to see how you are doing.
- You can call our offices with any non-emergency questions at (478) 745-4206. Our office hours are from 8:00 to 5:30. After hours, the on-call doctor will be contacted.
- In case of emergency, go to the nearest emergency room or call 911.
- Please complete the patient satisfaction survey. Your feedback will allow us to continuously improve.